Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Full disclosure on my 2010 resolutions

Remember at the beginning of the year when I posted my goals for 2010 so I'd have to actually do something to achieve them? Well, it's been about five months now (where did the time go?), so I thought I'd show a little accountability and tell the two of you who read this how I'm doing thus far. Here goes.

Goal #1: Stick to a daily schedule. HAHAHAHAHA! *Wipes tear* What was I thinking? I stuck to the schedge for about two weeks before I was like, "Forget this, I like to sleep in." The good news is I've gotten up between 7:00 and 8:00 for the past month or so because I'm having my basement finished and the construction guys like to come early. So, not a total loss. We'll see if I can keep getting up that early even when the basement is finished. Also, I've made my bed every day for, like, a week and a half, so suck that, Martha Stewart.
NEW GOAL #1: Don't sleep past 11:00 on school days, then make a list of crap I need to get done every day and do it.

Goal #2: Shower and get dressed at least six days a week. BOOYAH! Totally doing it! I'm showered and fresh as a daisy right this very second. Things aren't looking as bad as I thought as far as these goals are concerned.

Goal #3: Use my treadmill. **Facepalm** Okay, spoke too soon. Sooooo, the treadmill. Yeah, I've been crap. I've been taking the dogs for walks almost every day but the treadmill hasn't seen any action in weeks. I'm gearing up to start using it again, I SWEAR. It takes mental preparation. I promise I will get back on in the next two weeks.

Goal #4: Stop spoiling myself. Does spending massive amounts to finish the basement count as spoiling myself? Honestly, I think I've done a lot better about not buying crap just because I want it. Where I've royally failed is in the eating out department. Okay, renewing resolve to only get take-out twice a month....NOW.

Goal #5: Increase client base. Groan. My plan to do half an hour of marketing every day only lasted about a week. I HATE IT SO MUCH. The good news is I've gotten a bit of repeat business from people I didn't really expect to hear from again, so that's good, but I do still desperately need to work on getting new clients. Blerg. Okay, how about on Mondays I take ten minutes and send out some emails to prospective clients. I know you're not overwhelmed by my ambition, but I seriously loathe marketing myself.

Goal #6: Work on financial preparedness. Yeah, so this isn't looking so great. Right now I think I only have two or three months' worth of living expenses saved up. I'm considering putting ten percent of my income aside for savings every time I pay my tithing. I don't know if that will break me or not, though. Well, I still have my goal to get six months' living expenses saved up and then open a retirement account. We all knew I couldn't have this done in five months anyway.

Goal #7: Get Milo 100% house broken. Done and done! *Wipes hands in self-satisfied manner* Milo is an outside-pottying champ. I haven't seen an accident in the house in I don't know how long, and for the past week I've been letting all three dogs run around the house as they please and still haven't found any puddles or Tootsie Rolls. I'm so proud!

So there you go! I'm not perfect (yet...), but I have made some good progress on some of my goals. By December 31 I hope to have solidified some good habits. Then I'll throw them by the wayside to make room for my 2011 goals.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Hey, you achieved one goal. That's awesome.

April said...

I appreciate you not completely fulfilling each goal in order to spare my feelings. That's so kind of you. ;)