Friday, March 19, 2010

Gee, I don't know why I'm fat...

I skipped lunch the other day. I had had a late breakfast and when lunchtime rolled around I just wasn't hungry. By 4:00 I figured I might as well just hold out until dinnertime, which I did. I ate a Totino's pizza around 5:30 or 6:00. Quick tangent: holy poop I love Totino's pizzas. I don't care if it's gauche, those babies are freaking delish. Do I eat the whole thing? You betcha. I ain't sharing my Totino's. It's not like it's a biggole Freschetta. (Shameful aside: I was fstarving a couple of weeks ago and I totally ate an entire Freschetta pizza all by myself within the space of two hours.) But anyway...

So I ate the Totino's pizza and realized I needed to go to the store because I was going to be getting together with my sister tonight and I wanted to get a brownie mix for us.. So off to the store I went. I won't bore you with the details of my shopping because it was a typical trip to WalMart--crying children, long lines, the usual. As I was unloading my cart onto the conveyor belt I started to chuckle at myself because, Totino's dinner be damned, I had apparently still been hungry when I went to the store. Aside from some sandwich meat and four bananas, the rest of my food purchases were basically just junk. "Way to debunk the fat-girl stereotype," I thought to myself. But I can totally justify what I bought! I can!

Hershey Kisses: I don't even eat them. I keep them on hand so my mom can have a little treat when she comes to my house.
Brownie mix: Hello, it's what I went to the store for. Besides, my sister was going to help me eat them.
Cheez-Its: My primary kids love them and I needed something to eat with my sandwich at lunch. Totally justified.
Cutie pies: Have you seen these things? They're like miniature Hostess fruit pies and you get six for about $1.75! And they're small so you can eat two. Ahem.
Robin's eggs (Easter candy): They're seasonal. There's no guilt allowed for buying seasonal candy because you can only get it three months out of the year.
Reese's Pieces eggs (Easter candy): Okay, see above. Also, I love those things and I would have been really sad if I hadn't gotten to eat least a few this year. Plus, I had been planning on buying them so that makes them a valid grocery.

Seriously, you guys, I flove Easter candy. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I literally gained five pounds last spring because of Easter candy. It's my all-time favorite candy. The rest of the year I really don't eat that much candy; I'm more of a baked goods and fast-food kinda girl. But when Easter candy shows up on the store shelves I just can't resist its pastel deliciousness. My favorites are Brach's jelly bird eggs. I ate two bags of them about a month ago and kind of wore myself out on them. But I'll be ready for them next year. Oh yes, I will be ready.

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Dude, I can totally eat a pizza all by myself. No question.

April said...

Love you, Rach, but you're justifying. I can say that without any judgment because I justify all the crap I eat, too. If I'm making a Totino's pizza, it feels like a waste to *not* eat all of it. Easter candy is only out once a year! Halloween candy is only out once a year! Christmas candy is only out once a year! Valentine's candy is only out once a year! (And no one else is buying it for me, so I should treat myself, right?)

Also, did you see there's now Oreo Fun Sticks (or is it Stix?)?

C'mon. How are we supposed to cut down, cut back or just plain cut out the junk when it's so prevalent around us? We (and by we, I'm really talking about myself) are pretty much trained to *need* all this crap. What's a (fat) girl to do?

April said...

Also? After my comment I ate two corndogs. And I didn't like them, but I ate them.

TOWR said...

April, have you *seen* a Totoni's pizza? They're slightly larger than a personal pizza, the crust is nothing but air, and there's hardly any cheese on them. I'd be interested to know if there's anybody who *doesn't* eat the whole thing! Also, Easter candy is the only holiday candy I even like. Trust me--I don't buy Halloween, Christmas or any other candy because it's not nearly as awesome as Easter candy.

TOWR said...

Here's a picture of a pizza, just to give you an idea of size: http://www.lizandlaura.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/frozen-pizza.jpg