Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Back

Holy poop, has it seriously been more than a month since I last posted? My goodness. Well, I can explain. It's not a good excuse (most aren't), but it's an excuse nonetheless.

I got really busy with work. Like, working twelve hours a day busy. After I spend that amount of time at the computer I don't really feel like spending more time there, you know? Then once things slowed down, I needed a freaking rest, so I didn't blog. During this time I was also wicked sick for two weeks with the added bonus of having my depression flare up. If you've ever thought to yourself, "Gosh, I'd love to sit on the couch and mouth breathe for a few weeks with no motivation to do anything at all," unmedicated depression is for you. Personally it's not my cup of tea, but it's all I've got to keep me company (besides all the pets).

Speaking of pets, some quick updates before we get back to our regularly scheduled program:

Chauncy's eggs did NOT hatch. She eventually quit sitting on them and, despite my best efforts, they all died. They are now sitting in the bottom of a 20 oz Diet Coke bottle in the bottom of my garbage can. They died about three weeks ago, but since I only produce about one bag of garbage a week, I only need to put the garbage out about once every six weeks or so. They'll probably still be there next week too.

In order to avoid any other unplanned/unwanted eggnancies, my sister graciously agreed to take Olive (my male cockatiel) and make him her bird baby. Now he lives at her house and bites a lot. What can I say? The egg fiasco weighed heavily on all of us.

Current pet count: three dogs, two birds, six fish. Holding steady there.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

You're back! Nice.

Penney said...

You really should have recycled that Diet Coke bottle. Without the eggs in it, of course. I highly doubt the eggs are recyclable material. But they're biodegradable, so that's okay...

(I know - that whole freaking blog and that's the only thing I comment on - the Diet Coke bottle!?) It's 'cause I'm a crazy hippy liberal type. ;)

TOWR said...

Penney, I know I should totally recycle. I do feel guilty about it. You would probably wet yourself if you saw the stuff I throw away... I'll make you a deal: If you buy me a recycling bin, I'll recycle. Whaddya say? :)

Anonymous said...

I know this is really old but you shouldn't have separated them. There are other ways to prevent eggnancies.